Monday, February 1, 2010

White Cave Escape

Author: Jennifer McGrath Kent
Publisher: Nimbus Publishing
Fiction
"Fore!!"
SMACK!
The golf ball went screaming through the air, bounced off the tree, and went whizzing passed the ear of a tall, sandy-haired boy."

21 comments:

  1. I loved "White Cave Escape" because it was exiting and daring. First of all I love the author because she writes beautifly and she wrote another favorite of mine "Chocolate River Rescue" the prequel. This book was especially amazing because it had alot of cliffhangers and emotions.
    Julia 5/6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this book alot becuase I find that it was so hard to put down becuase you would never know what would happen next. For example, when Petra, Shawn,Tony and Craig started out in a golf course yuo qwould never have guesed that they were in a life or death situation.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this book because there are so many adventures and you don't know what adventure is going to happen next like when Colin was hanging out with his friends and his friends killed a fawn. You would of never guessed that he was a good guy because of the friends he was hanging out with. I agree with Christine that it was really hard to put this book down. I would recomend this book for people who like adventurous books. CLARA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the white cave escape because was really adventures. Furthermore, the book started of being about a fun adventure, however ended up to be a life threatining situation.
    Giorgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this book, but it was boring at the beginning. It was also funny, and scary. It was boring until they fire started and they met Collin. I would remcomend this book for people who would like adventures, a laugh and a scare!
    Samantha:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved white cave escape because there were a lot of adventures and it was very exiting at the party where they were in the white caves and the bear comes and almost kills them. That part was very important. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this book was really good because it was a combination of mystery, scares, and a bit of humour. Those are most of the things I like in a book. It was almost like I was in the book watching them every second I read because I was so into the book that it felt like I was in the book.I just loved this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked White Cave Escape more than Chocolate River Rescue, but it wasn't incredibly good. A lot of the time it was about someone being lost or hurt and they had to save them. I didn't enjoy those parts.
    Kyria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked white cave escape but there were some holes in it, but when I read the begining of Chocolate River Rescue it filled in most of the missing details. The book also relates to Chocolate River Rescue quite a few times.This book is mostly of a someone getting in a situation of action for example:the forest fire and the White Caves they made you want to know what would happen next.The book continues to make you want to continue reading even if their not in such a big situation, but when I finished it made me wish the author had written more.
    William,100

    ReplyDelete
  10. White cave is a good overall book because there are alot of adventures and also its unpredictable. You get to guess whats going to happen next. I don't have a favourite part because it was a Great Overall story/book.:)

    Nick 6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The White Cave Escape was an amazing book to read because the kids got into an adventure when the trees around them burst into flames. Then the kids had to travel through the white caves. If you like adventure books you should read The White Cave. cameron

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never put down this book. Once I start reading it I can't stop! I loved this book full of adventure. It was like real life just coming at me. When I read about the fire I became all warm and over heating. When they started talking about the crown fire, I could feel the heat! I really liked the part when they met collin bacause if they hadn't met him, they wouldn't have survived. This book is highly recommended for people who loves adventures! So unpredictable about whats going to be next, its an exploding book! Jenny 6

    ReplyDelete
  13. The White Cave Escape book is a great book because it has so much action though this is like a continuation of Chocolate River Rescue which I loved and would want to read again because their was so much bravery in these both books because their friends risk themselves for their other friends. Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi "White Cave" readers!
    Thanks for all your interesting comments! Please let me know if you have any ideas for a NEW adventure for Petra, Shawn, Craig and Tony...

    Happy adventures in Reading!!

    Jennifer McGrath Kent

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought this book was amazing because of all the action and how all of the action makes you suspicous of what's going to happen next. My favourite part was when they had to find their way through those dark tunnels and how they had to use their quick wits if they wanted to get out of there alive. The scariest part of the whole thing was that while they were in the tunnels they realized that, the fuzzy, red eyed animal in the tunnel wasn't Hobart. It was Tony's biggest fear, a BEAR! To sum that all up, I think that this book would be interesting for ANYONE to read.
    Thena 6

    ReplyDelete
  16. While reading White Cave Escape I enjoyed the characters dialogue. It was like you were there with the characters. In addition the dialogue was what a real conversation would be like in forest fire. I also enjoyed Hobart's goofiness. Although I thought the bear fight was too unrealistic. Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book is really good because it was funny but action-packed. This bok was really exciting and was very diffcult to put down. I love these series and i can't wait for another one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed the book because of all the action. The kids were very smart and aware during their experience like when the kids made a torch out of lip balm, a stick and Colin's shirt sleeve. I would've never thought of that and I probably never would've survived like they did. I would reccomend this to adventurous readers. 8-)
    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked WHITE CAVE ESCAPE!!! I liked it because it was a good aventure story and whaen I was reading the story it was like I was in the story with the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just commenting again to say..... I LOVE THIS BOOK, this book was so interesting because i had read the first book which is Chocolate River Rescue which is also like the best book ever. Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear jennifer McGrath Kent,
    What inspired you to make adventure books with someone always getting into trouble? Are you kind of like the characters in the story, like their personality or are you the opposite of them? Were the books challenging to write? please answer my questions!! Harrison

    ReplyDelete