
Author: Jane Drake, Ann Love and Mark Thurman
Publisher: Tundra Books
Non-Fiction
"Millions cross oceans, clinging to ships' hulls or as stowaways in cargo holds.Thousands hitchhike on truck trailers or in pcking crates.Untold numbers curl up in airplane landing gear at night, or sneak into folds of luggage."pg.5
All this book was about was species that threaten us. It started out good, but it got boring the more I read.I mean, sure it's important to know about this, but they could make it more interesting by making it a science-fiction book and pretending alien invaders mean the outer-space kind. That would be really cool.
ReplyDeleteKyria
I really liked ailen invaders because it showed alot of cool animals like walking catfish and it's abilitys and that was really cool
ReplyDeleteSAM
SAM
I didn't really like this book because it seemed to drag ON and ON and ON. I am not very interested in this kind of stuff, and like Kyria said, sure it's good to know about this stuff but come on. I gave this book a six which in incredibly high, but something about it made me want to give it that. Overall it was OK. I guess.
ReplyDeleteKatie 5
I like how the book explains how the species got from one place to another, but the book got really boring after you read the first couple of creatures because it kind of went on and on.
ReplyDeleteLeo N
The book Alien Invaders was realy good because I am realy interested in books that tell you about nature and what can happen if certain types of animals were to come to the city and take over.
ReplyDeleteI didn't like this book because it was boring. I think that this book was boring becuase I don't really like reading about species. Also because it went on and on.
ReplyDeleteChristine
I think my first comment was kind of mean, so I'm doing another one.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, Alien Invaders was an OK book, but it wasn't necessarily the type of book I'm interested in.
Katie 5
I found this book interesting. I like how there was alot of information about the Alien Invaders. I did not know that a European starling could be a Alien Invatder, by the look of its beauty you would think it was a nice a peaceful animal! by: Athena
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Athena, that bird didn't look like an alien invader, but it is one. Some of the animals were pretty crazy, I had never even heard of them before, like the walking catfish and the zebra mussel. I found this book really interesting but I did find that indeed it went on and on and slowly I lost interest. Still, I gave the book a nine because I thought it deserved a good mark for putting all that information in one book and researching everything, plus it had some cool info and crazy animals in it. The Walking Catfish could almost be a work of fiction!
ReplyDeleteIt was very interesting to read the honest comments of McMurrich readers! Thoughtful and passionate -- good reviewing. Helpful too. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteomg! loved this book!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletemy fav page was the one about cats!!!
i love cats!!! i now know other cats are crazy not just my mental kittens (milky & stitch)
loved the read!!!
izy :-)
It was a good book even though it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. It was just a smidge boring buta good book overall.
ReplyDeleteJulia5/6
I would give Alien Invaders 4 because I didnt think it wasnt really intresting to read when I read the first chapter I knew I wasnt going to enjoy the rest.
ReplyDeleteYasmine =)
I like how the book explain about how the creatues where born and how they travel travel from I place to another.At first the book got interesting in acouple of place , but it got book after you read a cople of pages.I would reccommend this book to people who want to learn about animals or is researching on a animal.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Leo N is was pretty cool how a species got from one place to another. I wish I could actually see all the creatures right now because it shows so much information on the animals and made me want to read more. Harrison
ReplyDeleteReading "Alien Invaders" to me was shocking and sad. I thought it was shocking because I didn't know that their are other animals and plants talking over different land. I thought it was sad because alien invaders could extinct some speices. Kayleigh
ReplyDelete