Author: Hugh Brewster Publisher: Scholastic Canada Ltd.
Non-Fiction
"They had been in England for two years and were in excellent shape from daily drills and marching and war games. (Some had even helped English farmers with the harvest.) Back at home however, questions were being asked." pg.2
This book is really good because I liked how it said green bech then you can read about the beach and look at beach. TIMOTHY 5
ReplyDeleteI liked this book because it had a map of dieppe and on the map it showed what group of soldgers would go on which beach and I found that interesting.Brandon 4
ReplyDeleteThe book is awesome,because it has diagrams and maps and cool facts.I liked it because it had a few detals and more facts,for example:Hitler tried to take over Deppie in world war 2.Thanks for reading!
ReplyDeleteI thought this book was amazing. I thought it was amazing because it was so realistic and I got taken into the story.It sort of had a moral too,which was that even if you are considered to be a cold-blooded murderer like the Nazi's were does not mean you are one. For example when the Nazi saved two Canadian men from drowning,while being hit by Canadian bullets and bombshells.
ReplyDeleteThe only reason I thought I did not give it a ten was because it was a bit sadthat so many of the Canadian soldiers died.
Aurora
It's great to read everyone's comments about my book on Dieppe! I think the stories of how the men from the Dieppe raid survived as prisoners of war are very interesting, and hope that some of you feel the same.
ReplyDeleteHugh Brewster
I found this book really interesting because I learned a lot more than I new about Dieppe. I think the photographs were my favourite part because you got to set your self into the time period and see what was happening. Furthermore it helped me read the book better.
ReplyDeleteAdeline
This book had alot of great facts about Dieppe and I learned alot of things in this book because I didnt know about Dieppe. People gave up their lives just to make everything right for us. People were in prisoned and were trying to escape, trying to escape, and people come and save them. I am looking forward to another book so i can learn more!
ReplyDeleteThis book was really interesting because it has alot of great facts and details about Dieppe and it also had a lot of great things and details of how it looks like and how it feels like to be in the war.This was a really sad book because people were giving up themself to save their own country and family from getting hurt, we don't want war=hate we want peace=love.I reccand this book for people doing projects about war
ReplyDeleteVincent5/6
When you really think about it this book was quite touching, because of how grateful the people of the city were to them whispering their thanks as they passed by to go to the prison, my favourite scene was when the man getting married in the church, seeing a soldier limping in bare feet gave him his brand new pair of shoes! I would not recommend this book not people who want lifted spirits, because that's not what it is, its a war story, and its good that books like these exist because otherwise no one would no about real things that people do and they will live life thinking that everything in the world is always peaceful.
ReplyDelete-Aurora
I liked the part when the soldiers dug the tunnels. Half of them made it, and the rest were caught, but then they tried to dig ANOTHER tunnel. That would be really risky. I respect the soldiers who died to protect everyday people like you and me, but I'm not much into war stories, so Dieppe didn't really appeal to me.
ReplyDeleteKyria
I liked Dieppe because it had so much information on the world wars and how some people survived in the war and I also liked this book because their were maps of places just like Brandon said. Harrison
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion Dieppe was really intresting. I thou... In my opinion Dieppe was really intresting. I thought it was intresting because you get to see what really happened and war and the the prisoners of war were treated. You also get to see plans of attack. Kayleigh
ReplyDelete