Monday, February 1, 2010

Robert Munsch

Author: Frank B. Edwards
Publisher: Fitzhenry & Whiteside
Non-Fiction

"The life of Robert Munsch Canada's best known children's author does not resemble the lives of other people in his crazy, noisy, funny picture books.Upon ringing the front door bell of the Munsch's family home, a visiter might expect to hear CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP as Robert moves thorugh the hallway and a "YESSSSSS, WHAT DO YOU WAAAAANT!" when he answers the door."pg.9

14 comments:

  1. I think that this book was very interesting because I thought that it was a great idea to do a book about like the #1 childrens book author in Canada! I also think people will think of Robert Munch as a different person now because this is really detailed and tells alot about Robert Munch! Alice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book because it was very informative and told me a lot what Robert Munsch is really about and what happened in his life.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the robert munch book was very informing because as a kid robert munch did'nt have very many freinds but because he is so creative I thout he would have lots of freinds. I gave it a seven.

    ADE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this book because I really didn't know anything about Robert Munch! When it talked about Robert getting attacked I was like “WOW”! I love how he writes his books about stuff that happened!
    Samantha:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that the story was very interesting. This is because Robert Munsch had a very different childhood then you would think he had. Although Robert has very different books than his childhood you do see some references now and then and I find that interesting.
    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Robert Munsch books. I think its so interesting to read about his life and to learn of how many siblings he had. I think many kids have been reading alot of his books there really good books because there full of surprises and there really fun to read. My cousin David has met Robert Munsch before.
    NINA5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the book because it told you stuff about Robert's life that you never would've thought his life would be like. He is actually a really interesting person. I think you are NEVER to old to read picture books, especially by Robert Munsch!
    Katie 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was really good to get to know about an excellent picture book author. I agree what Katie said about how you are never too old for Munsch books.(Or books about him.)
    Kyria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this book. It was interesting to learn about his life and think "If he had done one thing different in his life, he might be unknown". All in all, it was a great read.
    Julia 5/6

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opion this book is kinda boring. his life is prety wacky and funny at the same time but other parts are just weird.

    marc

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found this book interesting because what we think his life was like is very different from what his life actually is. For example, you think when he greeted you it would be in the silliest way and I thought he wanted to be a writer write away but he went through several things before he realized he wanted to be a writer.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book was really interesting because it shows alot about Robert Munch life that we didn't know and when I was reading the book i can feel his emotions and his feeling that is what made it so interesting to read

    Vincent5/6

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book was very funny and like Marc said it was kind a boring through out the book. I also agree with Kaite 5 YOU ARE NEVER TO OLD TO READ PICTURE BOOKS!!!!! Harrison :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the Robert Munsch book you get to see another side to him. I have seen him before telling stories and like the book said he is crazy when telling stories but in the book he is shy too. It's great to see another side of him. Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete